[TRLog] RTTY

Subject: [TRLog] RTTY
From: vr2bg@harts.org.hk (VR2BrettGraham)
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 23:29:31 +0000
Did the Russian RTTY contest off & on the past weekend...

Dunno why this didn't occur to me earlier, but at the top of each minute, the
terminal window clears itself.  At first, I thought it was because of some
non-printing character coming from the TNC or that since the TNC doesn't
pay attention to line length & maybe it was TR just doing what it had to do.

But it's once a minute.  How can you stare at the screen for hours & hours
over the weekend & not notice something like that?  Especially when it
invariably clears off some previous copy of a station you're trying to piece
together the call from knowing which bits on the screen printed when the
signal sounded like the TNC had a chance of copying correctly?

After some time playing around, it's this bug, plus EX MENU not displaying
(when program switches from CQ to exchange mode as you're running
stations) & lack of a CALL OKAY NOW-like function that I would think, if
corrected, would make RTTY support in TR good enough for some serious
operating.

73, BW2/VR2BrettGraham