[TRLog] TR Mailing List Users

From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 20:25:26 -0400
At 02:15 PM 8/12/02 -0500, Gil Baron wrote:
>The easy and free answer is to move the list to yahoo groups. that is a
>better site anyway as it has files and many other things to use. The
>downside is you have to subscribe (FREE) and give some personal information.
>MANY ham groups are using it and no problem is found of significance.
>Another choice (not as good as it is slow on the file part) is qsl.net. It
>is free but down ask for a nominal donation of your choice.

I totally disagree.  I run two lists on yahoogroups.com, and it is not a
wonderful experience.  Spammers are free to subscribe to your list and spam
the whole group.  If you elect to approve messages from new members, you
quickly discover that means ALL new members who sign up, from that moment
on, and regardless of how long they are members.  There is nobody you can
write to about technical problems with the list, and a terrible archive
system with no subject search.

Contesting.com is a wonderful resource and we should do whatever it takes
to keep it going.

73, Pete N4ZR

Check out the World HF
Contest Station Database at