[TRLog] Minor QTC bug

Subject: [TRLog] Minor QTC bug
From: k6xx@arrl.net (Bob Wolbert, K6XX)
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 15:43:11 -0700
Rich,

Thanks for the info. Comments below.

73 de Bob, K6XX
k6xx@arrl.net
www.k6xx.com

>I'm guessing that this is a conflicting windows issue in TRLog. Did you by
>any chance have any user info display enabled? If you do, the user info
>display overwrites the QTC number display. Just set USER INFO SHOWN = NONE
>and the QTC number window should stay permanently visible.

Yup. That's my problem. I had it set to "NAME" so I could "remember" some of
the guys I *should* remember, hi... I found that if I hit the space bar, it
would flash repeatedly--good enough to read it, though. Too bad I found this
out on Monday... The QTC info was directly below the callsign window though,
not to the right where the USER INFO resides.

>You can change the colors in this QTC number window with the (undocumented)
>QTC NUMBER WINDOW COLOR and QTC NUMBER WINDOW BACKGROUND commands in the
>LOGCFG file.

Velly interesting.... thanks.

>BTW, if you prefer not to send short QTC groups, just turn your transmitter
>power down or switch to a weaker antenna. If they have to work hard to copy
>your exchange, they won't ask you for QTCs ;-)

>73,
>Rich VE3IAY

Hey, I'm in California; Eu is watery enough without QRP!