[TRLog] CQ mode

Subject: [TRLog] CQ mode
From: geoiii@kkn.net (George Fremin III - K5TR)
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 07:57:35 -0700
On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 06:34:23AM -0400, Sheryl Roux wrote:
> In a CW contest, in the CQ mode, I push <ENTER> to send the call sign, and
> then <F2> to send the exchange.
>
> Is there a way to avoid the <F2> step? Where <ENTER> would send the call sign
> and the exchange?

mmmmm......What contest are you talking about?

TR-Log was designed from the start to not have you hit any of the F-keys to
make contact.

This is the typical CQ mode QSO:

1. Push the ENTER key to call CQ
2. Type in the callsign of the calling station and push the ENTER key
   This causes the calling station's callsign to be send followed by
   the exchange. It also moves your cursor to the exchange window.
3. Input the exchange information and push the ENTER key.
   This will cause the QSL message to be sent and will log the QSO.

This is how TR-Log has always worked.  I think this might be why
there have not been too many answers to your question.
You can even make it so that you do not have to push the
ENTER key in step 2.

Some contests do not have the exchange information setup so you
have to program them ALT-P and then O for those memories.

If I can help let me know.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii@kkn.net