[TRLog] Rig control for FT-100 using Windows 98

Subject: [TRLog] Rig control for FT-100 using Windows 98
From: David.B.Kunkee@notes.aero.org (David B Kunkee)
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 14:11:58 -0700
Hello,

I have observed an interesting problem regarding the rig interface with
my FT-100.  Ver 6.70 zip file - but display indicates ver 6.69.

1)  Using a 286-based Toshiba 2200SX Laptop with Parallel CW interface and
serial rig control - works fine

2) Using Toshiba 2650(?) Satellite Windows 98 (not SE) running TR from a DOS
window  and operating CW - the program apparently wants to switch the
radio back into SSB mode but then decides that indeed CW is the correct mode.
So in the end,  after I log a QSO the program switches to SSB, then back to CW
- sometimes doing this several times over a period of 5 or more seconds before
settling on "CW" for good.   This is fine except when entering another call into
the window when all of this is going on - which then causes the program to
crash -
sometimes.

When I boot into MS-DOS mode with (2) - TR comes up but there's no
functionality.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

73,