[TRLog] Re: SBDVP in a multi-op environment

Subject: [TRLog] Re: SBDVP in a multi-op environment
From: jimsmith@shaw.ca (Jim Smith)
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 01:46:22 -0700
Well, I thought I knew how to use CTRL-V.  Turns out I don't.  My belief
was that I could create a text file with TR configuration statements in
it such as those I routinely use in stdcfg.dat and then load it into TR
via CTRL-V, no exit and restart of TR required.  So, I created a text
file with a few statements as follows:

my call = ve7fo
dvp enable = false
CQ MENU = What's going on?
DVP PATH = D:\HamRadio\sbdvp\ve7fo\

I saved the file under several different names, ve7fo, ve7fo.dat, and
ve7fo.cfg.
I wrote all these files to the current directory and to the TRLog
directory (where TR lives).

I started TR, hit CTRL-V and typed, in response to the prompt, ve7fo and
hit RETURN.  CTRL-J showed no change in the above listed items and the
cq menu stayed the same.  I tried the same with ve7fo.dat, and ve7fo.cfg
.  Same result.

If you're going to use CTRL-V where should the configuration files be
stored?

Is any particular extension required for files to be used with CTRL-V?

What am I doing wrong?

I'm using v 6.69.  Is CTRL-V broken?

TIA for your help de Jim Smith    VE7FO