[TRLog] Version 6.71

Subject: [TRLog] Version 6.71
From: rrossi@btv.ibm.com (Ron D. Rossi)
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 10:56:18 -0400
Folks,

Tree is right that I plan to release version 6.71 this week. There are a
couple issues with some new features I need to iron out. For those of you that
choose to try this version you should notice a snappier radio interface. Here
are a couple exerts from the upcoming versions README file.

 - Upgraded the radio interface section to speed up radio frequency
   tracking. In particular (at least with Kenwoods) you will see a much
   snappier response displaying the frequency after spinning the dial.

 - Added FREQUENCY POLLING RATE option to the CTRL-J menu and LOGCFG.DAT.
   The range is 10 to 1000 in milliseconds. I recommend running at 100ms.
   It really boosts the response time as you tune. This is the default.

 - B VFO mode now set correctly on Kenwoods for split mode.

 - Added TR RESCORE command line option. This is the solution to those
   contests which are hard to mult check. It can also be used to simply
   rescore a contest instead of TR READ. Like the POST multiplier check
   option TR RESCORE will save the current log file to PLOGxxx.BAK and
   use that to rerun the contest and create a new log file. CW SPEED is
   set to 99, CW TONE is set to zero, and AUTO DUPE ENABLEs are set to
   false. A current hazard is that if you hit a key while the program
   is running it will stop! Exit the program as you normally would when
   the log is done being read in. You can now continue with POST.

 - Fixed bug where CTRL-A in a programmed message did not adapt to mode of
   inactive radio when operating SO2R on different modes (ie. IARU,
   ARRL 10m)

 - Added support for new WB0X SO2R and ZS4TX Super Combo Keyer II
   Stereo/Mono parallel input. The state of either pin 5 or pin 9 of a
   parallel port may be toggled using STEREO PIN STATE = TRUE or FALSE in
   LOGCFG.DAT or the CTRL-J menu as well as the function key command
   TOGGLESTEREOPIN. Use STEREO CONTROL PORT = 1/2/3 and
   STEREO CONTROL PIN = 5/9 in LOGCFG.DAT to set the parallel port and
   pin to use. If you use pin 5 then you cannot use the same port for
   DVK control. If you use pin 9 then you cannot use the same port for
   band output. You can probably think of other uses for this function!

--
73 es God Bless de KK1L...ron rossi(kk1l@arrl.net) <><
Support Programmer for TRLog http://www.qth.com/tr