[TRLog] FT817 interface

Subject: [TRLog] FT817 interface
From: 107770.3462@compuserve.com (James P. Cassidy)
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 22:03:13 -0400
I now have an answer to my recent question about FT817 not communicating
with the computer and TR Log.  Problem was the Yaesu CAT cable.  And was  a
little surprised to find that it actually has some circuitry inside the DB9
hood.  Guess thats why it cost more than I thought a simple cable should
cost.
I have no idea what may have caused it to fail but I am planning on being
way more careful as far as powering down when connecting etc.
73 Jim KI7Y