[TRLog] Post Contest Stuff

Subject: [TRLog] Post Contest Stuff
From: kl7ra@blizzard.gcgo.nasa.gov (KL7RA)
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 23:47:19 -0900
Hi Will

I didn't understand all your questions, but can answer some. You can
get lots of help here on this reflector for the radio filter/mode
questions
if you mention the radio.

: [TRLog] Post Contest Stuff

>I know how to edit the log (lots of options here). We used my call
each time
>we made a log mistake (also the contest call). I NOW know that you
can use
>Alt-Y remove the last QSO, but once you leave that point, how do you
delete
>a QSO or remove a QSO. Can you do a "remove my call", this was a CT
>option... Will it re serial number the QSOs or does it matter (At
least this
>contest does not issue serial #s).

The small 5 line log you see on the TR display is called the
"editable" log
and allows you time to edit any errors before it scrolls off the end
and to a
file called LOG.DAT. For some folks they have to be quick as that can
be
less then a minute of operation, but for me it's usually "lots of
minutes", a
story best told with "lots of beer" at Dayton.

Once the QSO leaves the screen, it's best to leave a note (Ctrl-N) to
yourself and then edit or delete the qso in the LOG.DAT file after the
contest using a text editor.

Serial numbers shouldn't be changed once sent, of course, but if you
keep
an archive of logs with QSO totals then TRLog can renumber them in
POST.

>I also had problems where the previous QSO window would disappear if
we were
>in the process of working someone. One of the reasons for previous
question,
>the other was hitting enter instead of the F1 key to send our call.
My guess
>is there is a setting in my config file that causes this.

TRLog's display shows a lot of information and it takes a small
learning curve
to be able to see everything at a glance, but it's all valuable data.
As space is
a premium the EDIT LOG window is shared and is also used to display
super
check partial data. This data window pops up as you type a new call,
if switched
on, and replaces the EDIT LOG.

The ENTER key is smart but it does assume some things like the station
answered your call. So if you are in S/P mode and use the ENTER key to
send
your call in a pile-up but don't get an answer and then hit ENTER
again you not
only log a bad QSO but also send a report to someone that is not going
to be
happy with you. All new TRLog users have done this. Some of us twice.

After some logging time you will catch this mistake very quickly and
hit the ESC
key to stop the CW before you sound too foolish. In your haste you may
hit the
ESC key twice which drops you back to RUN mode, then when you hit F1
to send
your call you actually start calling CQ on the DX's pile. And have a
bad QSO
logged to boot. I have never done this....

It's all a matter of practice which goes away around 4am. You can't go
wrong
using just F1 to call, watch for dupes, F2 to give a report and CTL
ENTER to
log without CW.

>I noticed that R1ANF was defaulting to the wrong zone (one for the
country
>file) and there was something else that showed up.. I will look into
the log
>and see if I can see it. I think a call goes to the wrong country.

Not a problem for the WW as they rescore it anyway. Easy to correct
during the QSO by just changing the zone in the exchange window before
entry.

73 Rich KL7RA