[TRLog] Farnsworth Problem

Subject: [TRLog] Farnsworth Problem
From: jimsmith@shaw.ca (Jim Smith)
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2002 23:25:51 -0800
Is it just me or has Farnsworth been broken for a while?  In my
stdcfg.dat I have FARNSWORTH SPEED = 25 followed by FARNSWORTH ENABLE =
TRUE.  If I understand this correctly, code sent at, say, 20 wpm will
send the characters at 25 wpm and put extra space between them to
achieve an average of 20.  This doesn't happen for me.  If I send at 15
wpm the characters are formed at 15 wpm, not 25.  If my memory is
correct, this worked in 6.56.  I'm using 6.59.

I'm going to want to do some cw op training in a while and it sure would
be nice to have this working.  Am I doing something wrong?

73 de Jim Smith    VE7FO