[TRLog] Ten Tec problems with version 6.72 and filter data for Icom...

Subject: [TRLog] Ten Tec problems with version 6.72 and filter data for Icom...
From: kk1l@arrl.net (Ronald Rossi)
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 22:58:27 -0500
Whoops I forgot to transfer a few sentences from my head to the
keyboard. I have included them this time!

Folks,

There was a change made to the Icom interface which effects Ten Tec
radios. Apparently they are said to emulate an Icom 735. The Icom 735
sends 4 bytes of frequency data. All other Icoms send 5 bytes by
default. In previous versions of TRLog either four or five bytes were
acceptable. Now the length is strictly detected and enforced. My guess
is that Ten Tec really sends five bytes of data for the frequency.

The bottom line is to define Ten Tec radios as something other than an
IC735. Other than freq data length the only difference in how TRLog
currently handles Icom radios is filter specification. The IC765 has
the narrow filter auto selected when in CW mode. In all other cases
no filter request is made to the radios.

There will be a slight change in the next version regarding how
TRLog handles filter data for Icom rigs. The Ten Tec folks should weigh
in here as well. My proposal is to add two more options to the CTRL-J
menu and LOGCFG.DAT: ICOM SSB FILTER and ICOM CW FILTER. The options
will be WIDE, NARROW, NONE. That should handle it. Comments?

--
73 es God Bless de KK1L...ron (kk1l@arrl.net) <><
QTH: Jericho, Vermont