[TRLog] First character of QSL message "STICKS"

Subject: [TRLog] First character of QSL message "STICKS"
From: n0ss@earthlink.net (Tom Hammond NØSS)
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 11:12:02 -0600
GM Frank:

When DOS writes to the HD, and more importantly, to the floppy drive, it
pretty well stops all other interrupts, thus causing CW keying to sound
really poor.

Try adding the following line to your AUTOEXEC.BAT file:

    LH c:\windows\smartdrv.exe A+ C+

This will buffer your output to the HD and allow CW keying to continue with
little, if any, noticeable difference.

Good luck,

Tom Hammond   N0SS