[TRLog] Re: TRLog digest, Vol 1 #265 - 11 msgs

Subject: [TRLog] Re: TRLog digest, Vol 1 #265 - 11 msgs
From: w0yk@msn.com (J. Edward (Ed) Muns)
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 11:23:10 -0800
Comment below ...

Frank, here is paragraph 10 from the NAQP rules posted on the NCJ website:

"Multipliers: Are U.S. states (including KH6 and KL7), 13 Canadian
provinces/territories (British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba,
Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, PEI, Newfoundland/Labrador,
Yukon, NWT and Nunavut) and other North American countries. District of
Columbia counts as Maryland. Non-North American countries, maritime mobiles
and aeronautical mobiles do not count as multipliers, but may be worked for
QSO credit."

For NAQP, Newfoundland and Labrador are a single multiplier.  That is why
the naqp.dom file is wrong and should be edited with something like ...

vo = vo, nf, lab

Tim Totten, N4GN, posted an edited naqp.dom file here on the reflector back
in December that had this line replacing the two you listed above.  It
worked fine in all my pre-NAQP testing and in the contest itself.

In any case, thanks for all the contacts and mults over the years!!

73,
Ed - W0YK