[TRLog] TS-50 mobile with TR

Subject: [TRLog] TS-50 mobile with TR
From: Dick Frey" <k4xu@arrl.net (Dick Frey)
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 20:43:04 -0800
Does anyone have experience using a TS50 with TR (or CT)?

I am setting up for a state QSO party (see www.codxc.com) as a rover.
TS-50, SG-239 autotuner, 12' whip, and a Dell laptop. I want to do instant
band changes but not to think about keeping the rig and the log on the same
band. No mom, I won't be driving.

Is there a best way to change logs when going over a county line?

The TS-50's RS-232 interface is TTL. It is located on an internal 6-pin
inline header on the processor board. Kenmore no longer makes the IF10-D
interface kit. I will use a MAX232 IC to do the required level shifting and
buffering and I will lay out an SMD board to mount inside it. I gotta buy a
minimum of 15 boards but it's worth it for a solder-masked and plated-thru
board.

Does anyone have some wisdom or experience to offer that might prevent me
stepping in known potholes and/or reinventing the wheel?

tnx,

Dick, k4xu