[Trlog] Packet issues

Subject: [Trlog] Packet issues
From: rrossi at btv.ibm.com (Ron D. Rossi)
Date: Mon Jan 27 17:30:45 2003
>This last weekend during the 160 meter contest, I discovered
>that if the multi port is enabled, you cannot get the packet
>window to stay open, (We had one of the networked computers
>setup specifically for packet) but have to keep pressing ^b
>to view it. This was with both 6.68, and 6.69. Due to clock
>issues I have stayed away from 6.72b, and don't see this issue
>refered to in the release notes. Can this problem be fixed?

WAD. The packet window has a timeout associated with it. It is two seconds
with the multiport active. It sounds like you would like to monitor the
activity real time and not control the TNC. Is this correct? If this is the
case then a monitor only version of CTRL-B would work?

>Also, an item for the wish list. Would it be possible to set
>up a small buffer that would allow one to scroll back through
>packet spots?

Nothing realtime at the moment. I don't see why I could not implement
something similar to CTRL-L (view LOG.DAT) to view the PacketLogFilename
(shown below) if it exists. For now you would have to view it on your own.

PACKET LOG FILENAME = xxxx

Set hat to a valid file name and the packet traffic will end up there.

--
73 es God Bless de KK1L...ron rossi(kk1l@arrl.net) <><
Support Programmer for TRLog http://www.qth.com/tr