[Trlog] SO2R Query

Subject: [Trlog] SO2R Query
From: n4af at contesting.com (Howard Hoyt)
Date: Wed Jan 29 09:38:55 2003
Ok, what I want to avoid is the thousands of keystrokes entered to see
if I worked a station in the duration of a contest.

Using the bandmap on the active radio (S&P), when I come across a
station the info will automagically prefill into my call window (if a
dupe) and I can move on without having to Alt_D and type in the call-
IMHO this is quite significant.

What I came up with was to set CQ EXCHANGE to CTRL-C SWAPRADIOS CTRL-D
CQ CQ BLAH,BLAH (send the cq on the INACTIVE (RUN) radio)

then I set CQ MESSAGE F1 = CTRL-A 5nn^yaddah,yaddah (send exch on
inactive radio)

I also found it real handy to have F12 set to SWAPRADIOS, tho
CTRL-R does the same thing.

I have not tried this in heat of battle, but it seems to do the job.

73, Howie

--
Howard Hoyt N4AF
http://www.qsl.net/n4af