[Trlog] I used the READ command after ARRL DX Phone and now have four ti

Subject: [Trlog] I used the READ command after ARRL DX Phone and now have four timesasmany Qs
From: jimsmith at shaw.ca (Jim Smith)
Date: Sun Mar 2 20:44:44 2003
Didn't help the score, though, because 3/4 of them were given 0 points.
 Guess this isn't the way into the top ten box!

During the test I noticed TO1A didn't get counted as Martinique.  So,
downloaded the latest cty.dat, read up on the READ command and set it to
work to rescore the log.  I know it wouldn't have affected my official
score but I like to know what my actual unofficial score is.  Well, I
watched things go by on the screen for a while and thought it was taking
a long time to process my modest number of contacts so started paying
attention to the times.  It turns out that READ seemed to be in an
endless loop instead of stopping at the end of the file and kept on
appending the same contacts over and over so, instead of 357 Qs, I was
up to 1427 before I hit the ESC key (sure glad it worked).  TR does now
include the TO1A mults in the score

This hasn't created a problem for me.  I'll just delete all the lines
which got appended.  I did notice that the FM for TO1A didn't get into
the log until the 2nd pass so I'll just stick it in manually where it
belongs.  I've posted this here in case READ got broken somewhere along
the way and no one noticed.  I'm using the 6.73 beta dated (in CTRL-J
list) 13FEB03.

73 de Jim Smith    VE7FO