[Trlog] Icom 706MKIIG interface for TR

Subject: [Trlog] Icom 706MKIIG interface for TR
From: w4au at contesting.com (John Unger)
Date: Mon Mar 3 11:28:41 2003
I am trying to put together an interface for a IC706 to use with TR. I
would like to be able to use one serial port for both the frequency read
out and keying. I am trying to use the serial port voltages to power the
transistors in the frequency read out part of the interface.

The interface works FB without the serial port being set up for keying in
the logcfg.dat file. However, when the serial port keying is enabled in TR
it appears as if all the pins with voltage on the serial port connector are
pulled low, and the net effect is that the frequency read out only works
when sending CW!

I've tried using pin 7 (9-pin connector) with PTT disabled in TR, but the
voltage there still seems to disappear.

Has anyone gotten both functions to work from a single serial port, or
should I just give up and use the parallel port for keying?

tnx es 73 - John, W4AU