[Trlog] Re: Russian DX Contest

Subject: [Trlog] Re: Russian DX Contest
From: bagno at mai.ru (Dmitri Bagno (RW3FO))
Date: Wed Mar 12 17:17:40 2003
Colleagues,

Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 09:39:27 -0500
From: Howard Hoyt <n4af@contesting.com>
To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: [Trlog] Russian DX Contest

| This should display the proper oblast, below the CALL window, in
| the USER INFO window.
| Two flavors of the TRMASTER are available at ftp://ftp.qsl.net/pub/n4af
| TRAAF.ZIP is a 63K copy containing the common calls found in the
| contest- tks to UA1AAF, to which I have added oblasts to the QTH field

To regret, a serious mistake is in Howard' DB. All stations
located in the city of Moscow (identifier "MA") were labeled
as "BO", i.e. an ID of the different Belgorod oblast, which
is 1000 km from Moscow.

So ***please neither download nor use this release of DB***.

I hope Howard will correct his programm to set a correct
ID for Moscow calls. All calls R*3A, R*3A*, R*3A***, and
U3A*, UA3A-UI3A, UA3A*-UI3A*, UA3A**-UI3A** send "MA",
NOT "BO". Above * = any single character.

| (With the exception that they erroneously show R3T as
| both IV and NN oblasts).
In this case Howard did everything right.

BTW, at first look, the number of Russian bad calls in
Howard' TRAAF.ZIP is *MUCH* higher than in regular
mastre.dta data base. IMHO it's a good idea to rely on
usual master.dta.

Thanks & 73,

--Dmitri (RW3FO), bagno@mai.ru
RL3A contest team -- www.rk3awl.ru
webcam is planed to be in the shack during RDXC