[Trlog] Strange laptop LPT behavior **SOLVED**

Subject: [Trlog] Strange laptop LPT behavior **SOLVED**
From: N9CO at aol.com (N9CO@aol.com)
Date: Thu Mar 13 19:34:55 2003
First of all, I'd like to thank K3BU, K4SB, WB5VZL... oops, N5TR, K5GU and
K6LL for all responding.

I had a momentary Brain Phart.  I violated one of the cardinal rules, "Read
The Freakin' Manual".

It was the pullups on the paddle inputs.  I built this interface many years
ago, and I could have *SWORN* that I put them in.  I didn't.  I should have.
Sorry for the bandwidth!

All works fine.  I'll be using this "new" laptop this weekend for the Russian
DX test.  It will be so nice not to lug the old (but trusty!) DOS box and 17"
monitor and keyboard and cables, etc. down to my friends vacation home near
Rye, CO. from my apartment here in Colo. Springs.

Using TR again will be a welcome change from my recent trials and
tribulations of trying to get the Linux program TLF (based loosely on TR) up
and running.

73 es Long Live TR! (and DOS!!!)
Charlie  N9CO