[Trlog] Laptop performance issue

Subject: [Trlog] Laptop performance issue
From: k0ex at yahoo.com (MFoster)
Date: Sat Apr 12 21:54:16 2003
Hi guys

new user here.  Question about my Laptop performance.

HP Omnibook5700CT
150MHz + 80MB RAM + 2GB hard-drive

When I have TRLog running in DOS, I notice sag in the
code speed as it writes to disk.

When I pull up an MS-DOS window and run TRLog from
there, the disk-writing event is MUCH faster AND there
is NO sag in the code speed during this writing event.

Maybe not as much info is being written during the
Windows-launched session?  Or, Windows has some
control over the disk-writing that isn't happening in
DOS?  Or....?

Anyone have an explanation?

I know the tricks listed in the TRLog manual, and I
haven't implemented any to see what difference it will
make.  But now, my question is WHY it's doing this.

-Mark

=====
Colorado Springs  CO
http://www.LiveToRide.us