[Trlog] Why?

Subject: [Trlog] Why?
From: kg5u at hal-pc.org (Dale L Martin)
Date: Sun May 4 11:46:26 2003

I'm playing in the New England QSO Party using tr669 (newer versions don't
work with my radios).

When I tune the vfo, the display does a couple of things:

1.  The mode switches from 20CW to 20SSB
2.  The Bandmap disappears
3.  When I stop on a station, the bandmap takes a second or so to reappear

Once, when tuning, I ran across a station I hadn't worked and called him. We
worked each other, then I moved on.  It wasn't until then that I noticed the
whole QSO had been logged as a SSB QSO -- I'm CW only.

What's going on?  Why is this happening?  I don't recall ever seeing this
bandmap disappearance/mode change before.

73,
dale, kg5u