[Trlog] V6.73 mode/band changing

Subject: [Trlog] V6.73 mode/band changing
From: summersb at telus.net (Brian Summers)
Date: Sat Jun 14 12:54:02 2003
I'm trying to get Version 6.73 set up for field day using a FT890. Logcfg.dat
line reads radio one type=ft890; and radio one control port=serial 1. Contest
selected is Field Day. I have two problems that seem related.
Mode change problem: Alternating between CW and SSB on the radio causes the
mode shown on the TRLog screen to alternate CW/SSB. Using the Alt-M function
allows the radio to get into CW, but not SSB. The TRLog screen alternates
between CW/DIG as Alt-M is actuated.
Band change problem: If the radio is set to CW, then use of the Alt-V and Alt-B
function allows band changing from 160 through 10 and back. If the radio is set
to SSB then what happens is that one gets stuck where the lowest band that can
be selected is 40M irrespective of how the Alt-V and Alt-B functions are used.

Experiencing the same problem on two machines. A 386 that only runs DOS; a 486
with Win95 but operating in DOS.  I have to assume that maybe with some of the
new goodies put in I'm "missing" something. Help!

Not strictly a problem, but a general query. Why when Field Day has been
selected do the WARC bands appear?

Thanks all:
Brian Summers VE7JKZ