[Trlog] Re: Trlog Digest, Vol 6, Issue 12

Subject: [Trlog] Re: Trlog Digest, Vol 6, Issue 12
From: w9wi at earthlink.net (Doug Smith W9WI)
Date: Thu Jun 19 13:07:12 2003
On Thu, 2003-06-19 at 11:07, trlog-request@contesting.com wrote:
> >>Would putting the .dat file to WordPad and doing a series of Search and
> Replace's to fix the grid squares work?
>
> Yes, it would -- but if you have a large number grids, that is a lot of
> manual keystrokes.

In fact, that's what I did.  With an entire seven QSOs it was simple
enough<grin>.

> I was actally thinking of a simple "basic" routine that says if the time is
> more than WWWW less than XXXX, then the grid is YYZZ...

If we get any more bad weather I may work on this.  It's just simple
enough that my "C" skills may be up to the task<grin>.

FWIW your grid is NOT in the LOG.DAT file.  I guess POST's Cabrillo
routine grabs it from LOGCFG.DAT.  (which would explain why only the
first value is used if I change it during the contest)
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN  EM66