[Trlog] Version 6.73 and Tentec Interface

Subject: [Trlog] Version 6.73 and Tentec Interface
From: geoiii at kkn.net (George Fremin III)
Date: Tue Jul 1 08:36:06 2003
On Mon, Jun 30, 2003 at 05:49:56PM -0400, vilbe8@aol.com wrote:

> I loaded Version 6.73 and ran Field day this past weekend.  I had a TS-2000
> connected to COM1 and the TenTec OMNI VI to Com2.  I had a major problem with
> the computer and the TenTec communicating.  Most of the time, they were not
> communicating.  About 20% of the time, the program functioned normally.  The
> rest
> of the time, it was not good.
>
> BTW, no problem at all with the Kenwood.
>
> I tried using just the Tentec, no luck.

Ron did some work on the Ten-Tec interface.

Here are some suggestions.

I did not have one to try so I would like to hear
how this works out for the Omni VI.

You need to set the Cde setting in the Omni menu to OFF.

You might try setting the radio type to IC-781

Also see:

http://lists.contesting.com/_trlog/2003-March/010305.html

and

http://lists.contesting.com/_trlog/2003-January/009961.html