[Trlog] Re: Trlog Digest, Vol 7, Issue 1

Subject: [Trlog] Re: Trlog Digest, Vol 7, Issue 1
From: vr2bg at harts.org.hk (VR2BrettGraham)
Date: Wed Jul 2 21:20:00 2003
US5WE replied to KK1L

>RDR> There are three versions of OmniVI firmware. Each acts a bit
>differently from
>RDR> a radio communications point of view. That is why some work with the
>Icom
>RDR> error preventing measures put on with V6.72 and some don't. The Ten Tec
>RDR> section of the code needs some further special attention. I tried to
>bypass
>RDR> the Icom fixes for Omnis, but did not get it right.
>
>This doesn't explain the similar IC735 behavoir

Actually, it does.

The 735 is odd in that it uses one less byte for frequencies than all other
ICOMs.

W9WI earlier noted:

>K1KY (whose Omni it was) did *something* in the rig's setup menus but he did
>it pretty quickly & I'm not sure what he did.

By any chance in one of those three versions of firmware Ron mentioned, did
Ten-Tec add the ability to go from four to five byte frequencies (I think
those are
the correct numbers)?

73, VR2BrettGraham