[Trlog] TR Log PTT for SSB Help Please

Subject: [Trlog] TR Log PTT for SSB Help Please
From: G0MIC at aol.com (G0MIC@aol.com)
Date: Thu Jul 3 09:39:21 2003
I have a TS2000 interfaced to my computer so that TR will switch both PTT and
Key for CW which works fine. If I use F10 the rig is switched into TX mode
and sends CW only when I actually press a key. This shows that the interface is
fine.

When in SSB mode I want to send pre-recorded messages from the Digital
Recording
Unit (DRU) in the TS2000.  I can get the function keys to key the DRU into
playing by using SRS=PB1; as the function key message  (SRS=PB0; truncates
playback).

My problem is that the TS2000 does not automatically go into transmit mode
when the DRU is playing. I have to use either a separate PTT switch or the vox
facility which is cumbersome.  Are there commands that I can put into the same
function key message to get TR to turn the PTT line on and off?

I am currently using 6.72 but will install the upgrade on my contest machine
after the coming VHF contest where I will be working G5RS/P on 6 metres SSB on
5th July.

As an aside the Auto CQ function does not work in this mode either but I can
make do in the next 23cms contest by using a nodding duck!

Thanks for a great program

Malcolm
G0MIC