Re: [Trlog] Run /S&P Modes

To: Mike Wetzel <mjwetzel@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Run /S&P Modes
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 00:41:17 -0500
On Sat, Sep 06, 2003 at 12:04:56AM -0500, Mike Wetzel wrote:

> After running the mini-sprint tonight and trying to use 2 radios something
> dawned on me (after I made the same error twice) that it might nice to have
> TR remember which mode you were in, separate for each radio.  Has anyone
> else run into this, not even sure if it is possible to do?  The sprint would
> be the only contest where this would help because you use alt-D all the
> other times.  In other words I was calling CQ on radio 1 and not using alt-D
> for radio 2 (because I would be calling CQ after the S & P Q) but doing an
> alt-R and typing the call, I soon realized I wanted to be in the S & P mode
> rather then the CQ mode.

Huh?

Can you describe the situation in terms of the contest?

I almost never use Alt-R in the sprint - and never Alt-D.

You should be calling CQ with F7 or F8 (that has a Control-A
and Control-B at the start of the message).  This calls CQ on
the inactive radio.  If you want to call someone on the active
radio, just press the SPACE BAR.

Tree