Re: [Trlog] Sprint and F8,F9 keys

To: WG0M@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Sprint and F8,F9 keys
From: George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 07:48:37 -0500
On Sat, Sep 13, 2003 at 07:55:46AM -0400, WG0M@aol.com wrote:
> Hi all:
> I plan to work the SSB Sprint today.  I noticed on one of Trees' emails where
> he said to use the F8 or F9 keys instead of Alt-R and ALT-D for the inactive
> rig.  I tried this and nothing happened.
>
> So, what have I forgot to turn on?  Thanks in advance and see you in the
> contest.

If you want to use these features for SSB you will need to program
your DVK and and also program these memory locations with the
alternate radio commands.  These keys are programed up for
CW but not for SSB.  Even if Tree did this programing for
SSB the chances are it would not work since you would have to
be usng the same DVK/DVP setup as he uses.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii@kkn.net