[Trlog] Wintelnetx to TRLog Telnet connection

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: [Trlog] Wintelnetx to TRLog Telnet connection
From: Dave Hachadorian <k6ll@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 20:57:08 +0000
I finally got this connection going, and thought
I would document it for myself, and put it on the
reflector in case anyone might find it useful. Thanks
to W0YK for setting me off in the right direction.

I'm no expert at this for sure, and there may be better
ways to do this, but this one works for me.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ
Wintelnetx to TRLog

This describes how to connect a windows computer running Wintelnetx to
another computer
running trlog.

1. Connect the two computers together using a serial port on each
machine. Use a null modem
cable to make the connection. The text below assumes that the windows
computer will connect
to na2na.net and output data on com1. Make changes as required.

2. In TRLog, set EIGHT BIT PACKET PORT = TRUE
Set PACKET PORT to whatever serial port you are hooking up.

3. On the windows computer, my computer/control panel/system/device
manager/ports, set
com1 to port settings 2400, 8, none, 1, Xon/Xoff.  If the TRLog computer
is running Windows,
do the same on that machine.

3. On the windows computer, start wintelnetx

4. Setup/add new/com port:
COM1
NONE
1
XONXOFF
COM1
FALSE
DIRECT
MYCALL
<
HOPS 99
DUPES 0
CR/LF 3
click OK

5. Setup/add new/network connect:
na2na.net
port 23
na2na
false
cluster user
my call inet
px <
hops 99
dupes 0
cr/lf 2
click ok

6. Setup/routes
route from na2na
route to com1
check the two way box
add route
done

7. File/save as
Save as trlog.ini in the folder Wintelnetx/ini

8. Connect the windows computer to the internet

9 In wintelnetx, the drop-down box should show the choices ALL, COM1,
NA2NA

10 select com1, and hit the CONNECT button. A com1 window will open and
show the com
port connected.

11. Select na2na in the drop-down box and hit the CONNECT button. A na2na
window will
open, and, after logging in, dx spots will start appearing on the windows
computer, and
hopefully, in TRLog.

The next time you start wintelnetx, do file/open, look in the
wintelnetx/ini folder, select trlog.ini,
and all the parameters will load automatically. Hit the connect button
for the port and for the
telnet site.