Re: [Trlog] POST bug

To: VR2BrettGraham <vr2bg@harts.org.hk>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] POST bug
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 19:28:00 -0600
On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 12:51:25AM +0000, VR2BrettGraham wrote:
> KX7M noted:
>
> >I found an interesting bug while working on TRMASTER.DTA in POST (6.76, but
> >I don't think there were many changes in few previous and later versions).
> >
> >When I want to convert a TRMASTER.DTA to .ASC file (POST U E A), any call
> >ending with JA (ie. VY1JA) doesn't get exported. Importing is fine, and
> >working with .DTA file contains those calls (such as EDIT), but exported
> >.ASC is shorter than .DTA
>
> VY1JA disappears, CI1JA doesn't.  K4JA & K7JA disappear, W9JA doesn't.

Makes sense to me.  JA is before CY, Y1, and 1J.  K4 and 4J and before JA.

Calls are stored in each cell that corresponds to each two letter sequence,
except it is redundant enough that the JA cell was eliminated (since it is
always the "biggest" cell).  However, the routine that saves the calls to
the .DTA doesn't know that, and therefore thinks it already has saved the
call.

It should be an easy fix.

Tree