[Trlog] S&P dupe checking

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: [Trlog] S&P dupe checking
From: Paul Kirley <pkirley@neonramp.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 00:25:46 -0500
WA7VNI wrote:
>Regarding question #2 - Type in the partial and then press
>"Space bar". Does the dupe check without anything else. Also
>(in case you have stumbled across it) note the ANY
>combination of characters works and wiil search your log.
>First two, last three etc. Tree thought of all the angles as
>far as I can see.

It's even easier to take advantage of this feature if you watch the previously
worked call list as you type in S&P mode.  That list appears in a strip near
the bottom of the screen and shrinks with each typed letter.  Red calls will be
dupes if you call them, black calls can be worked again on the current
band/mode combination (as specified by contest rules).

I found it hard to read the list until I changed its background.  Presuming use
of a color monitor, just add
POSSIBLE CALL WINDOW DUPE BACKGROUND = LIGHT CYAN
before
DISPLAY MODE = COLOR
in your log.cfg file.

If you see in red a call that you are typing while S&P-ing, press the escape
key to clear the call field and go on to the next station.  On the other hand,
a blank left end of the list (or the call in black) means that it's OK to
transmit.

73, Paul W8TM