[Trlog] TRLog DVP Questions - Again

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: [Trlog] TRLog DVP Questions - Again
From: kd4d@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 20:21:31 +0000
Hi All:

Thanks for your help to date.  I wanted to post what I
think I've learned about using the DVP and TRLog in SSB.
Last year, I just pressed the function key to call CQ and
didn't even record an exchange!  That's gotta change this
year.  :-)

I do not have a DVP available to test with.  Based on my
reading of the manual and playing with the program,
here is what I expect to happen with the DVP messages
and keyboard entries during the ARRL Sweepstakes SSB
contest.  (One Radio for now).

1.  If I program a SHORT CQ in CQ MEMORY 1 (CQF1.DVP), this
message will be played on the active radio if I press "RETURN"
or "F1" in CQ mode with a blank callsign window.

2.  If I have a message in CQ EXCHANGE (CQECXHNG.DVP), that
message will be played if, in CQ mode, I type in a callsign
and hit return, bringing up the exchange window.

I am confused about the entries for CQ SSB EXCHANGE and
CQ CW EXCHANGE.  In CQ CW EXCHANGE, I enter a string I
want sent in CW.  Is the entry for CQ SSB EXCHANGE a
filename (like CQEXCHNG.DVP)?  Does TR automatically set up
CQ EXCHANGE = CQECXHNG.DVP?  Is the CQ F1 memory based
on the DVP file name or CQ F1?  Are all of these defaults
based on DVP file name or the key name?

3.  If I have a message in QSL Message (QSL.DVP) or Quick
QSL (QUICKQSL.DVP), these will be played in CQ mode after
I copy the other stations exchange and press either "ENTER"
or "\" respectively.

4.  If I have a message in EXCHANGE MEMORY F1 (MYCALL.DVP),
and I hit F1 in S&P (in callsign or exchange window) or
press the space bar in the callsign window, or press
"ENTER" in the callsign window (with a callsign
present)that message will be played.

5.  If I have a message in QSO Before (QSOB4.DVP),
and AUTO DUPE ENABLE CQ = TRUE, and I hit enter
in CQ mode with a duplicate call in the callsign
window, that message will be sent, the computer
may beep, and the callsign will dissappear.

6.  If I have a message recorded in S&P Exchange
(SAPEXCHG.DVP), and I press "ENTER" in the exchange
window in S&P mode after copying an exchange, that
message will be sent.

7.  Repeat S&P Exchange and CQ Ex Name and Tail end
msg work like they do in CW.  (I don't use these.) :-)

If I have this correct, I'll tackle two radio mode
(and the ALT-F3 CQ message! :-))

Thanks and 73.

Mark, KD4D