[Trlog] Re: SS Bandmap dupe bug

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: [Trlog] Re: SS Bandmap dupe bug
From: "Mike Heideman" <mike_heideman@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 01:11:10 +0000
From:  "Tim Totten, N4GN" <n4gn@n4gn.com>
Date:  Fri, 7 Nov 2003 16:45:37 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, Udo DL2ZAV wrote:

During SS I noticed several times that I would receive a packet spot
for a callsign on another band and then would be called by that
station during a run.  The callsign would remain in the Bandmap on the
other band and when I did an S&P run on that band NEXTBANDMAP would
take me to that frequency.

Why not? He could still be there when he is M/M or SO2R. TR cannot know that.

Yes, but I think the intent of the original posting was that for contests like SS (work each station ONCE, not once per band), TR should put an asterisk next to the call in a bandmap once it's worked.

Exactly. If the callsign can no longer be worked for QSO credit on the band on which it is spotted then it should be marked as a dupe at the time the QSO is made. If the station is running SO2R and doing dueling CQs then I'd expect to see spots on 2 bands, but they should both turn to dupes if I work the station (in SS).

Yes, this is low priority. In SS I don't want to sit waiting for the station to finish a QSO only to hit Enter and have TR tell me he's a dupe. Usually I'd remember to hit Space right away, but not always.

-Mike, N7MH