[Trlog] Re: TRlog under Linux!

To: TRLog <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: [Trlog] Re: TRlog under Linux!
From: Doug Smith W9WI <w9wi@earthlink.net>
Date: 10 Nov 2003 06:29:39 -0600
> From: "R. Torsten Clay" <tclay@netdoor.com>

(I tried this about a year ago without success - choppy CW.  It sure
seems to work well now!  Haven't tried interfacing anything yet.  I have
gone from a 450MHz CPU to a 1.2GHz since the previous attempt, and
upgraded the kernel - I forget what version the old kernel was.  Tested
with TR 6.77.)

>    b) You can set the amount of CPU DOSemu gets. A setting of 0 is the
> maximum,
>    1 is the default. I tried both, and they seemed to work equally well on
>    my system.
>
>     $_hogthreshold = (0)

I found that when left at the default, TRLog would create extra
keystrokes.  For example, when prompted for my callsign, I'd get
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww9wi .  That only happened at setup
prompts.  In the callsign and exchange windows, there were no spurious
keystrokes.

Setting this value to zero fixed the problem.  It did slow keyboard
response slightly, maybe 50-100ms behind what's typed.

There were no spurious keystrokes at the C:\> prompt.

I have dialup Internet access & forgot to kill the email program before
starting DOSEMU.  When the mailer popped up an "I can't find the POP
server" alert box and I pressed Enter to clear it - the Enter keystroke
cleared the alert box, but it also went to the DOSEMU window.  Users
might want to try to ensure they aren't running any other applications
that might pop up a window - or if one does, be sure to use the mouse to
kill it.

--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN  EM66