Re: [Trlog] CAT Problems

To: "Pete" <n4kw@infionline.net>, TRlog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Trlog] CAT Problems
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 02:22:36 -0500
At 12:50 AM 11/11/03 -0500, you wrote:
I made up a DB9 serial cable with the send/rcv reversed on one connector.
Level conversion not required so its just three wires to each connector.
BIOS looks ok, logcfg shows serial 2 for the serial port for radio one.

Tried my serial mouse in com2 works ok
checked cable and pin numbers everything looks fine.
Thought there might be a programming feature with the mk-V associated with
CAT feature, nothing found.
Any ideas would be appreciated as I have about run out.

I just use a standard serial cable with a gender changer. Works fine. I'm not sure whether this cable has the pin reversal you mentioned, though logically it should.

Anyhow, this would be a substitution test to see whether there's something wonky with the CAT port. Do you have another program that controls the radio?

73, Pete N4ZR The World HF Contest Station Database was updated October 29. 2469 stations are listed -- 29 new and over 100 updated. Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm