[Trlog] Update: WinTelNetX progress at W3TX

To: "TR Log" <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: [Trlog] Update: WinTelNetX progress at W3TX
From: "Scott Johns" <petvet@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 00:18:23 -0500
Thanks for all the direct replies.

The replies helped me make some progress and I felt to post this to the
reflectors to edify (?) the collective wisdom (or to show how little I
know about computers).

There seems to be an impression that either the telnet clusters during
cqww cw, or wintelnetx connected to the internet via home LAN's (instead
of using a direct, unshared internet connection), or other inexplicable
OS demons caused some tr users intermittent problems sucking spots into
tr.  Having expertise only in a field not related to electronics and
computers I'll recuse myself from figuring that out (for now).

When I configured the Telnet connection using the directions on the tr
website link except using "23" instead of "8000", and then changed the
script to reflect caps and small letters in the sign-in request,
everything worked and I could sign onto the telnet and get telnet spots
into wintelnetx automatically.

Of course, then I discovered that the connection between the windows
compter and dos computer that I was previously so proud of did not work.
But tomorrow I'm going to visit the store and replace the db9 to db25
null modem cable with a new db9 to db9 null modem cable, which makes
sense since tr can only assign a packet port to com1 com2 com3 or com 4
(and not able to assign to parallel 1-3).

Wish me luck.  I'll post my results tomorrow night.

All outgoing e-mails checked by Norton Antivirus