[Trlog] TR w/Icom 765 - Receiver Address

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: [Trlog] TR w/Icom 765 - Receiver Address
From: Eric Hilding <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 20:31:55 -0800
It looks like I will need to interface TR with an Icom 765 and maybe a TS-830S (backup if the 765 takes a dump) instead of my TS-870S for a particular operation.

I'm NOT an ultra "techie", and must confess cluelessness about the following under RADIO ONE/TWO RECEIVER ADDRESS(ES) in the Manual:

Table 25 - RECEIVER ADDRESSES show the Icom 765 with an Address (base 10) of 44. The text says "The number must be entered in base 10." It doesn't appear I have to do this with a TS-830S.

If the Icom 765 is the Primary RADIO ONE, apparently I still need to plug in (some) number but simply don't understand this, folks. Is 44 correct or how do I calculate (base 10)? And, exactly how should that line read?

RADIO ONE RECEIVER ADDRESS = ??

"HELP!"

Thanks very much.

73...