[Trlog] DOS Window Display Difficulties +++

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: [Trlog] DOS Window Display Difficulties +++
From: Eric Hilding <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 23:12:53 -0800
Well, I decided to try putting TR on an older WIN95 Notebook tonight before the NCCC pre-NAQP test run. This was a disaster for me, as was getting some erratic behaviors...like things blinking on & off on the screen & weird CW at times. This all was on top of certain operator QLF, of course...and a need to more thoroughly work through some S&P functionalities.

But the guys gave me some new tips...including to reboot the computer into MS-DOS mode instead which I tried. Unfortunately, TR now shows all "squashed" with much left over blank/black screen above & below.

So I went into the DOS Properties, and set it for Full Screen, and also individually re-set and re-booted at the Default, 25, 43 & 50 lines options for the display but always got the same results...a "squashed" appearing TR which just won't do. I'm baffled!!!

I'm also concerned if there is sufficient memory for 5,000+ QSOs. Here's what 'mem' yields:

MEMORY TYPE     TOTAL           USED            FREE
Lower                   640K            28K             612K
Upper                   139K            139K            0K
Reserved                256K            256K            0K
Extended(XMS)   31,733K 97K             31,456K
Total Memory            32,768K 520K            32,248K

Largest Executable Program Size 612K

Largest Free Upper Memory Block 0K

MS-DOS is Resident in the High Memorary Area

Thanks much for any help with this.

73...

Rick, K6VVA