Re: [Trlog] WPX Scoring

To: Dick Stepanian <w6tk@juno.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] WPX Scoring
From: George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 07:34:45 -0500
On Sat, Apr 03, 2004 at 05:31:57PM -0800, Dick Stepanian wrote:
> All,
>         Did anyone notice their WPX Score being off?  I had apporx 1450
> Q's and 550 Mults....my score came out at 2.7M.  I have noticed a number
> of other posted scores with similar Q's/Mults and their score was about
> 1M less?  Any ideas or did anyone else notice this?  I am using TR 6.79.

There is not really enough information form the above.

But the QSO points are not uniform for all QSOs in the WPX.

In fact the point ranges are very large.

Possilbe QSO point values are: 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6.

It would appear from the above that your average point per qso
was 3.3856 points. In looking at your breakdown on 3830 I see that you
were assisted - so I am guessing you did not call CQ and work a lot of
one point USA stations.  I also see that you have over 200 contacts on
80/40 - if these are mostly DX then I would not think your point average
is out of line.

My points/qso average was:  1.9587
This is up a bit from last year since I worked hard at working
a few more JA stations on 40 meters but not up very much.

But to your question:  Did 6.79 score your log wrong?  I am
guessing that it did not but without seeing your log I can
not tell you that it is correct.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii@kkn.net