[Trlog] Resyncing networked logs

To: "trlog@contesting.com" <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: [Trlog] Resyncing networked logs
From: Jim Smith <jimsmith@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 00:15:58 -0700
Was playing with local spotting in FQP. Had one station and 2 networked computers ("A" for the main op, "S" for the spotter) running TR. Had a 2nd op listening on a 2nd Rx and entering calls into the "S" bandmap. These calls showed up, as expected, in the "A" bandmap for the band in question. Very slick. Worked well.

Then we thought we'd try feeding spots directly to TR from AR Cluster. To do this, we had to remove the local spotting computer ("S") from the network as there are only 2 serial ports available. After we tired of that, we went back to local spotting.

Naturally, the log on the "S" computer is now missing a whole bunch of Qs.

My question is, How do I resynchronize the logs, etc on the 2 computers so that the next Q serial # is the same, the score summary is the same, and dupe checking on the "S" computer now works properly because all the worked calls are available to the "S" computer.

Obviously, I can make a copy of the "A" computer log and stuff it into the "S" computer.

Is that enough or are there other things which must be done?

Is there some way within TR to tell it to, "Make the "S" computer log, etc. agree with the "A" computer?

A somewhat related question. Is it true that it is no longer possible to do global searches on the TRLog archives?

If not true, how do you do it?

73 de Jim Smith VE7FO