[Trlog] Re: PCMCIA cards

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: [Trlog] Re: PCMCIA cards
From: G0MIC@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 18:56:17 EDT
I us the PCMCIA serial port cards under Real DOS Mode under Win 98.   To do
this you need to add the line
c:\socketdo\startdio
to the PIF file. To do this follow the instructions on how to change
keyboard drivers for Real DOS mode
When you then select Real DOS mode you will find that you are told that the
memory area has been tupled. You must then power down and power up again to
get  back into Real DOS mode without Windows having already allocated the
memory
 area. The card will then work using the settings in the startdio.ini file.
Beware that if you have two PCMCIA slots you must put the card back into the
same slot each time or the initialising program will not be able to find  it.
Sorry if this help is a bit brief but it is a long time since I set mine up
and I may have missed something
Regards
Malcolm
G0MIC