Re: [Trlog] CQP mult identifiers

To: TRlog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Trlog] CQP mult identifiers
From: Ken Beals <k6mr@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 16:37:03 -0700
Thanks, Alan. I'm still learning alot about how the computerized log checkers do things. I think I may put a note on the NCCC reflector and make sure I'm doing it right. I suspect it's ok, but I don't want to send in the log and have a bunch of Qs thrown out. I'm obviously not the only one using TR, I just thought I had somehow got the wrong .dom file.

Ken

alan.kaul@att.net wrote:

I don't know your source of the "official" for the CQP
but the mults info on the CAL QSO PARTY website at
http://www.cqp.org/Rules.html is as follows:

as follows:

"MULTIPLIERS:

"California stations count U.S. states (50) and eight Canadian areas: Maritime (VE1, VE9, VO1, VO2 and VY2), VE2 through VE7, and Northern Territories (VY0, VY1, VE8) for a possible total of 58. All others use California counties for a maximum of 58. CA stations on a county line may be claimed as a multiplier for any or all of the counties they give in their exchange. Number each multiplier as worked...."

This instruction seems to differ from the "official" rules you quoted in that
it specifies
MAR, Ve2-Ve3-Ve4-Ve5-Ve6-Ve7-NT.  As a practical matter, I worked all the
Canadian
provinces in the CQP and TR logged them as VE1-thru-VE8.

I believe contest sponsors have software to score your Cabrillo log which takes all of this into account.... or at least it seemed to last year.

73 de alan
--
Alan Kaul W6RCL LaCanada, CA 91011
e-mail:  w6rcl@amsat.org