Re: [Trlog] serial port keyed on starting TR

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Trlog] serial port keyed on starting TR
From: VR2BrettGraham <vr2bg@harts.org.hk>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 07:31:34 +0000
K6LL asked:

There's a thread going on another reflector, which reminded
me of this TR issue, and gave me the idea for a possible
solution.

I am doing so2r, with radio control and cw keying on two
serial ports. When I start TR, the second serial port is cw
key-down. I darn near melted an amplifier after the SS
contest when I restarted the program to get some scoring
data off the screen, and one of the amps was accidentally
keyed down for about five minutes.

I use the parallel port for keying & rig selection. What I find to be annoying is how one rig goes key down & into transmit when the computer is switched off. I have been meaning to do something about that in my SO2R box, but TRlog should really set the lines right when it starts for situations as Dave describes. I would think this should be a relatively easy thing for Tree to do.

73, VR2BrettGraham