Re: [Trlog] Partial loss of frequency data

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Partial loss of frequency data
From: VR2BrettGraham <vr2bg@harts.org.hk>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 14:24:26 +0000
JI1RXQ added:

>I am interested in this article.
>
>I usually use a TS850, but have a TS690. I have tried the TS690.
>With TR6.79 and KENWOOD RESPONSE TIME 100, TS690 works as follows.
>
> > >Yes - seems fine no matter how long I spin the dial. It even updates
> > >occassionally while I'm tuning.  Sounds like the SDX processor is
> handling
> > >the interrupts from the serial port a little better than the 950.
>
>TS850 seems to work like the TS950. When tuning, compared to TS690,
>I feel TS850 a little annoying. I wonder how other KENWOODS work.
>Anybody knows how TS940?

I have now tried an earlier version of TR & based on the various
reports made here, it does appear as if older Kenwoods behave
better if not polled unnecessarily.

It would probably be helpful if others can help shed some light
as to which model Kenwoods can be considered to be "older"
& which ones "newer" - for the moment, it seems to be
somewhere between the 950S & 950SDX.

73, VR2BrettGraham