[Trlog] Orion Rig Control Problem Identified - Operator Error

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: [Trlog] Orion Rig Control Problem Identified - Operator Error
From: kd4d@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 19:39:58 +0000
Okay, I figured out why TR6.79 all the sudden started having rig control
problems with two Orions.  If
"FILTER RADIO MESSAGE LENGTH = TRUE", the frequency displays on
TR for the Orions dissappear within 30 seconds.

I would have sworn that I added that in an effort to
debug my rig control problems, but I can't reproduce them unless
that is enabled.

TR681x does not appear to work at all with these two Orions.
\RADIO shows junk for VFOA on both radios and shows the correct
frequency and mode for VFOA in the VFOB display.  It also locks up
when attempting to set SERIAL PORT DEBUG = TRUE.

If I do a couple of band changes, the \RADIO command starts tracking
correctly but I never see frequencies from either radio on the screen
if I do band changes without enabling \RADIO.

So, my problem with 6.79 and the Orions was my screwup,
fortunately.  6.81x doesn't seem to work at all, however.

73,

Mark, KD4D