Re: [Trlog] Two Radios on One Serial Port?

To: n5ot@n5ot.com, trlog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Two Radios on One Serial Port?
From: PaulKB8N@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 12:58:35 EDT
Mark,

The very simplest way to do SO2R with one port is to switch the serial port
between radios.  You can buy a serial switchbox for $2.00, use one of the
several unused connections to switch keying and/or the mike.  You can have  a
memory voice or keyer that switches opposite the active radio so that you can
call CQ on the run radio while chasing mults.

It sounds a little difficult, but really is quite simple.  I used a  computer
switchbox for a while, but then built the whole thing into my station  master
interface.  I switch between radios with a micro toggle switch on my  remote
tuning control box, and a series of relays inside my interface  box switches
everything back and forth between radios.

Paul, K5AF