Re: [Trlog] Quick help

To: "TRLog Reflector" <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Quick help
From: "David Hachadorian" <k6ll@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 20:15:02 -0000
From: "Tod" <tod@k0to.us>
To: <trlog@contesting.com>
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2005 6:43 PM
Subject: [Trlog] Quick help

I know that I can do a search and find this, but maybe someone will
have
pity on a lazy (and tired) guy and give me the answer or at least send
me in
the right direction.

I wanted to put a second contact in the log for a couple of people
during SS
yesterday, It would have been faster to put the dupe in and let the
POST
program dump it after the contest.  I tried one way which only caused
me a
lot of problems (also caused K9NS problems because I kept trying to
work him
a second, third and fourth time).

I think I can put a QSO in the log with a flawed call and then
immediately
edit it after it has been recorded to be the correct (but duplicate)
call.
Is this the fastest way to do things? The problem I see with this
method is
that the "flawed" call I enter will be in the dupe table. Maybe I
should put
in my call and then correct it before I work the next station since I
am
unlikely to work myself [although at one point I was looking for ID
and
wished that I could work me].   Anyone have Ideas?

I hit the TAB key twice. That puts you into S&P mode, which is
tolerant of dupes. It also puts the cursor on the second line of the
data entry window, which serves as a reminder to use the F-keys,
paddle or mic to complete the contact, since the ENTER key automatic
messages will be messed up for that qso.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

.