Re: [Trlog] TR CQP LOTW Help Please

To: "TRLog Reflector" <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] TR CQP LOTW Help Please
From: "David Hachadorian" <k6ll@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 02:08:12 -0000
From: "Hank Garretson" <w6sx@arrl.net>
To: <trlog@contesting.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 1:44 AM
Subject: [Trlog] TR CQP LOTW Help Please

> I've just gotten back on the air after a seven year
> absence.  The
> California QSO Party was my return to contesting.  TR
> (6.79)
> functioned flawlessly which is more than I can say for the
> operator
> and station.
>
> After the contest I used POST to create a Cabrillo log
> file which the
> CQP log robot accepted.
>
> Trying to get up to speed with Log of the World, I
> attempted to use
> my CQP Cabrillo file and TQSL to create a signed TQ8 log
> file.  Here
> is what TQSL told me:
>
> Signing using CALL=W6SX, DXCC=291
> Error: Signing aborted due to errors
> Error: A:\2006CQP.CBR: A:\2006CQP.CBR: Cabrillo unknown
> CONTEST: CA-QSO-PARTY
>
> What have I done wrong?

As I remember it, TQSL does not have a wide choice of
contests for the Cabrillo format.

I think you would be better off converting your tr log.dat
to an ADIF file, and using that for the tqsl input. The
KA5WSS log converter will convert from log.dat to adif. It
is available here: http://www.ka5wss.com/Software/LogConv/

I would recommend using the old version referenced at the
very bottom of the page. The old version does not require
installation of the Microsoft ".NET" framework, which I hear
is a big deal.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

.