[Trlog] Rig 2 communication

To: tree@kkn.net, trlog@contesting.com
Subject: [Trlog] Rig 2 communication
From: WG0M@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 08:49:04 EST

Help  with Rig 2 communication

Life was good until I decided to improve it.

Just changed out a 2 ser/1lpt for a Byterunner 4ser/1 lpt and now TR  doesn't
read Rig 2.  I have WL as well and all is fine with SO2R  there.  This
indicates the ports are configured correctly (?).   Reading the TR manual, it
is
almost like RADIO TWO TRACING ENABLE is  set to false. It is not.  TWO RADIO
MODE is set TRUE as well.

Rig 2 (TS 870) has 'ctrl'  LED illuminated on the front panel indicating
communications between  computer and radio.  But, band changing/frequency
reading
doesn't  happen. Nothing really happens at the radio when I toggle between
radios.  Rig 2 frequency nor the correct band show correctly on the  monitor.
SO2R box is working just fine and really should have nothing to do with
problem.

Rig 2 is on Comm 5 with an address of A800 (this is the address I see  in
device manager).  Same address as with the other card and confirmed  in device
manager. All other settings in device manager are as they  were with the other
card.

Any ideas

73's

Michael  WG0M